I'm alive. I think.
Anyway, I've been spending my summer mostly with the drawing-tablet unplugged.
Played beach-volleyball, barbeques, movie-nights and in general having a really good time, so all my other stuff have been just shoved aside. Although it was exactly right now I thought I'd have more time for that stuff, since I wouldn't be drenching myself with work on Mystling.
So yeah, let's see...
I was planning on going to Poland with my online-friend Shell ([link]
the guy I made that image of the whole Warhammer blended with Warcraft kind of avatar-thingy) however it fell short since he had to undergo surgery that unfortunately got delayed and killed off any chance we had to go up the Polish mountains.
It's a real bummer I tell you, but my brother wants to go up the swedish mountains instead so I'm not grieving too much actually.
Otherwise I'm soar in my body after the activity that I just didn't have when I was in Karlshamn, but it's great to be back home. Also trying to snap some photos and learn the camera, can't say I have any great excursions yet with it but I'm planning on doing so with another friend quite soon.
P.S Also got my new MP3 so happy times! ([link]
* And on the art-side of my journal... well I got a Note here on devART from a guy who's running upyursh.com which is a resto-druid blog, and I'm somewhat done with the image.
The style is actually not close to what I gave Phaelia ([link]
, I'll see if I'm going to work more on charity-work and add all the insane details I usually do or just leave it at that.
Here's the Work in Progress of what I'm doing for Upyursh: www.andrige.com/RestoBanner4%20copy.jpg
* Besides that, I have done like ONE sketch on Mystling (which I really regret saying since I should have done tons of concepts for it by now) and a lazy sketch of the new Nightelf Cat in its revamped look.
* Before that I made a website concept for a site I'm calling "Speculate.com" which basically came to be while I was sitting on the 14-16h trainride when I left Karlshamn and I was listening to Tool. The question that I raised that made the idea for the website-concept was "I wonder what the meaning behind this song was... why was it made?".
Basically a site where you can discuss and rate different theories (or speculations) about a certain topic, which could give a more open-minded kind of approach to a song or an artist, a subject which Wikis most of the times doesn't touch.
Oh and uhm, don't steal it, as if I ever go learn myself some REAL webcoding I'd probably try that idea out myself.
* A bad picture I made after I had watched and listened to "The Phantom of the Opera" called "Music of the Night", which I just glanced at again and kind of liked the layout and idea so could probably release it after more work sometime.
* And some bad anatomy practices between Mystling since I'm pretty jealous of 'another talent' I know of, since I just don't have the right concepting drawing style I just end up feeling unhappy with everything I do.
* Also I had to put the andrige.com
site down in order to pay (*sigh*) someone to properly do things for me. However it's most likely going to cost around 1100 SEK (~100 EUR) to do that, so I'm going to talk to the team and see if anyone can pitch-in on this pretty steep price-tag
The idea is to get a proper blog-structure with comments on the News-page, as well as forum and browser-compatability improvements.
Hope everyone is having a great summer, and I'll start spewing out stuff again when autumn comes!
//Andrige / Markus